There are a number of statements made in Cats and Dogs based on the assumption that I was a cat, which will need updating. Also means I misattributed a number of other people.
Reasons I made this error: misattributing a difference along the autistic axis as a cat-fight, confusing coming up with novel ideas with leadership, trying to conform to societal expecation that men are cats and women dogs.
I now think:
- It's difficult to switch between cat and dog. The stuff I said about increased fluidity probably won't work. Would now suggest instead that the leadership of any group be composed of at least two people, a cat and a dog.
- Cat-cat friendships will tend to explode, just like other cat-cat relationships. Suggest finding a dog go-between -- this might be called the three witches pattern (after the witches in Terry Pratchet).
- The cat-dog axis is orthogonal to the ADHD axis. ADHD dogs and very focused cats exist.
- Having ideas isn't a sign of cat-ness. What counts is coming up with plans whereby people co-operate.
- Societal gender expectations really suck.